Monday, March 7, 2016

Circumstances Don't Determine Happiness...Attitude Does


Hey everyone!!!

Oh man,  it is finally kinda hitting me that this is my last transfer! I have 6 weeks left... where did all the time go?? 

Also before I forget, transfers are next Monday, so our next P-day will be this
Saturday.  So don't forget to write me friday night ;)

So in other words by the end of this week, I will know where I will be my last 6 weeks, and who I will be with! 

This week I had some amazing experiences...so I will get to explaining them:

At the beginning of the week we went to visit this member, of around 10 years, who lived in the slums. At first we were going to see her at night, but then she told us it is too dangerous at night so we needed to come during the day. During the visit she told us of her becoming a member of the church, her children falling away, and how she came to take care of her grandchildren etc. But then something she said really hit me. She was talking about how when she was first a member, she was always reading in the scriptures about how God is only in clean and holy places etc., and as such she didn't think that God would ever be with her in her tiny wooden house in the slums. But then one of her friends at church told her, "God knows you...he knows you are trying to follow Christ, and he knows your heart, so of course he will be with you." After this she then told us that she believed the scripture in Samuel that, "Man looketh upon the outward appearance, but the Lord looketh upon the heart." As she said this I felt how true that was....here she is a wonderful, faithful lady, doing her best in her calling, and trying to help others....and always, always sharing her gratitude for her blessings. She kept saying how blessed she had been since she had become a member. One of the things she mentioned was how before she was a member she had a dirt floor, and now she has like plastic covering over the dirt! She was so grateful for that simple thing like the plastic covering on the floor. 

Then the very next day we went to dinner with a member from the International Ward, where we dipped our fingers in rose petals and lemon before we ate... I can't believe the experiences I am having. 

Circumstances 100% don't determine happiness....attitude does.


Other miracles:

-Me getting some salad for dinner, and this girl asking me if I was a missionary and where she could go to church. She wrote down and asked for OUR number....that doesn't happen everyday. 

-Sister Deek is getting Baptized next week!! (if all goes well)

This week I really learned the power of fasting too. In the International ward they shared this quote that when you fast, "You give the Lord a crust of bread and he gives you a loaf." I saw this happen this week with regards to the things I had fasted for the week before. Without going into too many details, this older member shared her testimony this week in which she quoted from my talk and told everyone how much my talk and the Spirit had touched her. She said she had never before really written anything down without her daughters help, but as I was speaking she was able to get it all down. So that was a cool answer to prayers. 

The last thing was we had an amazing lesson where our American investigator was really touched by this scripture. Romans 8:16-18

 16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

 17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

 18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.


This week I really feel like I learned that, "The Lord can do his own work." As missionaries we are simply the tools in his hands. It is a great joy to be a missionary to be able to feel of God's love in his service. There is nothing like it. 

Love,

Sister Remington 





No comments:

Post a Comment