Monday, March 14, 2016

Moving To Udon - I Get To Ride My Bike Again!

Hey! 

Its so weird it is P-day today!! There is soo much to do, so this email may be a little short...

So the big news.......................I AM MOVING TO UDON ON MONDAY. So for my last transfer I get a new area in the Essan so I get to ride my bike!! I am so stoked! But I will miss the members in Asoke so much .. But I am ready to work hard out in the Essan!! 

These last few days have been good! I ate frog with a member, taught some investigators, and ate a lot of fro-yo because it is SO HOT. 

This week I read this scripture that sums up my feelings about my mission thus far.
It is in Alma 29:13:

"Yea, and that same God did establish his church among them; yea, and that same God hath called me by a holy calling, to preach the word unto this people, and hath given me much success, in the which my joy is full."

As I read this I reflected on my mission and this calling as a missionary, there have been good times and hard times, but all in all, as I have preached His word, a lot of amazing things have happened and my joy has been full. All those people who tell you before your mission that they were happier than ever before on their missions really mean it. You just come to love the people so much, and you learn so much about the gospel. Its hard to describe. 

Anyways, this week I had one of those happy experiences with an RC who Sister Coates and I met on the street and taught. She is from Cambodia and is possibly one of the best people ever. She wants to read the Book of Mormon in Thai (she has lived her for over 25 years), but sometimes doesn't quite understand... but that doesn't stop her! She told me she has been dedicating over 3 hours a night to reading and re-reading so she can understand. She loves the story of Nephi and Laban. I asked to see her scriptures, and to my pleasant surprise, they were highlighted and colored with notes, sticky notes and pen. She would write notes about who was who, and next to the scriptures she really likes she adds a sticky note with the word, "like" written on it. I asked her what it meant and she looked at me and said, "Like, Sister Rem,... it's same-same as Facebook you know?" She is the best. 
She also told us her ultimate goal is to go back to Heavenly Father, and she will do and sacrifice all she needs to in order for this to happen. Her faith is amazing and I felt so happy to have been able to teach her. The gospel changes lives.


Well that's about all I have time for this week!! I love you guys!! Talk to you not this monday but next monday!!

Love,

Sister Remington 
P.S. I got to see my MTC group this week, because we all needed to renew our Visas!

I love sunflowers

Visiting a members house on the river 


No comments:

Post a Comment