Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Service Makes Me Happy


Hey Everyone!

Sorry I have been a bit bad at emailing lately. I have been really short on time. 

Anyways, last Sunday Sister Deek got baptized (back in Asoke)! It was so awesome to teach her and see her progress! It all started with an RC who introduced her friend, who got baptized, who then introduced Sister Deek. When people share the gospel with their friends, miracles happen. I would seriously encourage you to find friends to share with! Your friends will know you are sharing because you love them, and you never know what could happen! 

Udon has been so great!! My new companion is Sister T from Hawaii. She lived in the same house as me when I was in Mahasarakham. Anyways, in order to get here we took a motorcycle taxi, complete with my bike strapped to the back, as well as a 10 hour train ride!! Pulling my luggage and bike on the train, I realized how tired my body has become lately. I think the last year and a half might be catching up! But I am ready to work harder than ever this transfer.

Being in Udon I have had more opportunities for service than ever before on my mission! Just this week we helped a member with her sewing business, helped another member sort through garbage to find clear bags to sell (oh and while we were there, her neighbour lit the trees on fire, so we almost helped put that out too), another member move houses, and another member set up her store. It has been so fun! I love service. 

Udon is a fun place, the members are awesome, and it is soooo hot! It was 41 Celsius this week, but I am LOVING riding my bike everywhere!! I miss the Asoke members, but all in all I am happy to be here!

Oh! This week we were eating at a restaurant and this guy from Australia comes up to us and says, "When you are done eating will you come sit by me and my girlfriend and tell me about what you believe." We of course accepted, and it turns out this guy had seen lots of missionaries in Australia, but never had time to learn what they believe. He wasn't interested, but was very respectful and told me that he appreciated our conviction in what we believe.   

For P-day today we went on a hike! It was soo pretty! However in order to get there we went in a Songthaw (benches in the back of a truck) for a lot of hours... it was really hot and at the end of it one of the members commented, "เราไม่ได้ไปเที่ยวเราไปทรมาน" which basically means today was a bit hotter than expected, and as such, it was not much of a break to hike the mountain. (It makes more sense in Thai.) Also, on the way there we all played this spelling and word game...it was really fun, but also made me realize how awful my English has become; I was spelling things wrong all over the place. I spelled the word Animal, like "Anamil"....... Granted it was early in the morning... but still. However, it was nice to talk to all the other missionaries  and realize they felt the same. haha 

Well, that's about all for this week. So I just want to close with a brief thought, which is:  being a missionary is really happy. Lately I have been reflecting on some things, and I have come to the realization that although missions are hard, you really do feel more peace and happiness than ever before.

I really like Ephesians 3:17-21
17. That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love,

 18.  May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height;

 19 And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.

 20 Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us,

 21 Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen.

Love you all!

Sister Remington 

Here are some pics from last week:

These are the first Sister Missionaries that were in Thailand. 












1 comment:

  1. What great service you get to do. Hard to believe people collect clear bags from garbage to sell. Live is hard for a lot of people. Glad you are enjoying riding your bike again. So soon you will be home. Work hard and enjoy your time there. Lucky girl

    ReplyDelete