Monday, January 11, 2016

Your Joyful Future Comes Alive When You Do More Than Just Exist


Hey everyone!!

I feel like I can't even remember what happened this week, but pday is back on Monday, so I will get back to my normal letter routine next week. 


This week we basically just had a bunch of meetings...Sister Coates had a "mission completion" meeting with President and Sister Johnson and everyone in her group (as they all finish next transfer) so there was that, and also there was MLC which is the meeting with President Johnson and the AP's and all the other mission leaders to train us on where they want the mission to be going. That meeting was really good and inspiring, but we did find out some sad news -THERE WILL BE NO MORE TRANSFER MEETINGS!  At first I was sad, but then they showed us this video where an apostle instructs mission leaders not to gather big groups of missionaries for transfer meetings, so from now on we will just get a call and get sent to our next area and/or next companion. 

Anyways, one awesome thing Sister Johnson said in MLC that I really liked was that Heavenly Father really knows our name, our circumstances, and where we are going. She gave the example of Joseph Smith's first vision and how when that happened he was called by name. This is such a simple thing but when she said this, I  realized even more how much God does know us. 

This week I went on a switch off with Sister Bagley! She is awesome. She already graduated from BYU in some nifty computer program thing so she was giving me a ton of good advice about BYU and life. 

What else...we ate at some Pakistani people's house from the International Ward. They have been investigators for 2 years and are super nice! They gave us some Pakistani food....which was...interesting. 

Oh!!! On Sunday I gave a talk in the International Ward! And it was all in English!  I was sooo scared while preparing to give my talk, because when I was practicing, it all kept coming out in thai, and I couldn't remember some of the english gospel vocab. My talk was on how to accept Christ as your saviour.  I was really nervous before, but as I got up I prayed for help, and in the end I hardly even looked at my notes! 


Well for this week I want to leave you with this thought. Lately, I have been thinking a bit about how I can more fully keep my goals and resolutions. And when I was studying today I came across these quotes:

 “God sent you here to prepare for a future greater than anything you can imagine. That future, a day at a time, comes alive when you do more than just exist; it comes alive when you live your life to fill the measure of your creation. This invites the Lord into your life, and you begin to let His will become yours."

"Because you are His child, He knows who you can become. He knows your fears and your dreams. He relishes your potential. He waits for you to come to Him in prayer. Because you are His child, you not only need Him, but He also needs you. Those sitting around you right now in this meeting need you. The world needs you, and your divine nature allows you to be His trusted disciple to all His children. Once we begin to see the divinity in ourselves, we can see it in others."

I love both of these thoughts; they are so true.  As we strive day to day to do more than just simply "exist" we will be preparing to reach our divine potential. At first when I read this I was thinking, "hey, if we are always trying to reach our potential we will never live in the moment."  But I thought about it and realized that as we strive to be better and better each and every day, that is when the moment is good and we are happy, because we are progressing. 

As for the  second quote, just the fact that Heavenly Father needs me, and others around me need me filled me with joy. On my mission every time I have testified to someone that the Lord needs them and their specific talents, I have felt the Spirit confirm my words, however I never realized that those words included me too! I know the Lord needs me and my talents, and I know that it is the same for all of you as well.  The Lord needs you, and the people around you need you too! We all have a divine potential. 


Love,

Sister Remington 



No comments:

Post a Comment