Wednesday, January 6, 2016

We Must DECIDE To Be Happy Along The Way

Hey everybody it is weird to have Pdays so close together! I am just glad I will email you all mondays from now on :) 

Well, not too much has happened since I last emailed, but... for Pday on New Year's we went Ice Skating!! It was so fun to skate around and I felt like it actually was winter for a minute. I also forgot how much I like ice skating. The skates were sooo dull so I couldn't really do any tricks, but I did teach a few people in my district some moves. Also, some random Russian girl came up to me and said, "You skate so well, can you teach me how to increase my speed?" I laughed and said, "Yes, of course." As it turns out, we end up inviting her to church, and she accepts! Heavenly Father really does use your talents in his work. I never thought ice skating would come in handy in Thailand, but I guess it just goes to show that you never know!


This week some really nice investigators from the Bangkapi area of Bangkok took us out to lunch. They've known the missionaries for almost 2 years now and they are so nice!! They are always taking the missionaries out to eat, and taking them places on Pday. They don't have any desire to be baptized, but they just love the missionaries and love spending time with them. They told me they hoped I would remember that when someone does something kind for you, if in the future you have the opportunity, you need to do something kind for someone else. They love the service the missionaries are doing here in Thailand, and told us to never forget the lessons we have learned serving others this year. It was such a cool experience to meet them!

I also had some cool experiences meeting some refugees this week! 

Okay, so now for my thought this week. This one is about reaching our full potentials. Sometimes in life it is easy to think that we will never be happy or content until we reach our full potential,  but in reality, we are always working,  and getting better.  Our Heavenly Father is happy with our progress, no matter how small. This life, and even the next, is all about going, "Ever Upwards". It is all about deciding to be happy along the way. 

"Thus unto eternal perfection, the honest and faithful will go." (some line from a hymn)


love you guys!!

Sister Remington 

No comments:

Post a Comment