Monday, September 14, 2015

Fear not I am with thee, oh be not dismayed


Hey everyone! 

Sorry this email is going to be kinda short because I am super low on time. I am in Chiang Mai for zone conference so I am just writing this quick email. The STL's in Chiang Mai called me and also told me to come early tonight because all the members want to see me!! SO nice. 

It is so crazy to me that Wyatt is a freshman in college now! I feel sooo old. Everyone starting school makes me kinda miss it too, but I love being a missionary!! 

This week was good! It started off with the Elders doing, "The challenge". In this mission "The challenge" means:
-eat 1 large pizza from Pizza Company
-8 giant scoops of icecream from Swensons
-and slam (drink with milk) 8 tim tams

and all in the space of one hour. The Elders barfed... and it was hilarious. 


One kinda funny thing that happened this week was when I was inviting I asked someone, "Hey, do you know who Jesus Christ is?"
Their response, "One second, I'll google it for you."
It was pretty funny. 

This week we nearly had a new convert, but then he didn't show up for his baptism, so that was weird... and sad.  Fortunatley, we are teaching a couple other families right now, and they are awesome!!

This week we went and visited one of the families we are teaching only to realize... THEIR HOUSE IS AN OFFICE FOR ANOTHER CHRISTIAN CHURCH!  It was interesting...they are doing awesome though! They even gave us all their coffee to throw away. 

I was way sad one day this week, because I looked at the back of my head, and so much hair has fallen out I literally have a bald spot...so that was freaky, Hopefully I can do something about it, so I don't have to walk around like this for the rest of my life.  I think it is just lack of vitamins or something in the food here. 

This Sunday I was really impressed by the lyrics to, "How Firm a Foundation." My companion plays the piano for church and normally we all just sing along in Thai, but this Sunday I felt like when I sang, I needed to sing quietly in English. I did, and in doing so remembered the lyrics. 

1. How firm a foundation, ye Saints of the Lord,
Is laid for your faith in his excellent word!
What more can he say than to you he hath said, 
Who unto the Savior for refuge have fled?

2. In ev'ry condition--in sickness, in health,
In poverty's vale or abounding in wealth,
At home or abroad, on the land or the sea--
As thy days may demand, so thy succor shall be.

3. Fear not, I am with thee; oh, be not dismayed,
For I am thy God and will still give thee aid.
I'll strengthen thee, help thee, and cause thee to stand,
Upheld by my righteous, omnipotent hand.


In every condition we are in....sickness, health, far from home, working, starting University, or whatever - Heavenly Father is with us. In Thai the words are a bit different and essentially translate too...God will never leave us. I know he never will...no matter what our circumstances, he knows them and can help us. I love the first line of the last verse too, "Fear not I am with thee, oh be not dismayed." 

We don't need to fear. God is with us. He will strengthen us. This is my testimony, that we can pass through all trials with peace if we remember this. 

Love you,

Sister Rem

No comments:

Post a Comment