Monday, May 25, 2015

You Are Responsible for Who You Are, and You Are Responsible for Who You Will Become


Guys, Guys, Guys.....oh my goodness this week was the most MIRACULOUS WEEK OF MY MISSION, AS WELL AS THE BUSIEST WEEK EVER. 

I can't wait to type the story I am so excited to share it with you all!

So this week we were preparing Sister Yu's entire family for baptism. (Her husband Brother Sing, along with her kids Sister May and Brother Swim)  We visited them almost daily at the market where they work, and they showed amazing faith. We were teaching Brother Sing a lesson about temples and enduring to the end, and he said something that was so inspiring. He said, "You can't just endure to the end...and be like endure, endure, endure...you have to endure with happiness." I really liked that, as it is so true. The gospel is happy, and we should be happy living it. 

Some challenges came up this week as they prepared for baptism, but I am happy to say that they overcame them, and their entire family was baptized this Sunday! I was SO happy, and I am excited for when they go to the temple and are sealed together as an eternal family. It has been a pleasure teaching this family since the very beginning of this transfer...seeing them grow in faith and learn from their Mother's example. In Brother Sings testimony yesterday he said, "I plan to endure with happiness in keeping the commandments and living the gospel." I feel like in explaining this story I didn't do it half the justice it deserves, but suffice it to say I love this family SO much...and they are some of the people I know I needed to meet on my mission. 

But that is not all.... another one of our RC's husbands (brother Tehb), was able to be baptized yesterday as well!  Sister Noy, his wife, was SO THRILLED at the prospect of them being sealed together at the Thailand temple in the future. 

Also, Sister Gaw...and Brother Sam-ang were baptized this Sunday!! Sister Gaw she said she felt so, so, so happy, and her excitement of being baptized was contagious. Brother Sam-Ang also showed such faith and joy as he shared his testimony. 

Sunday was a very busy day preparing these 6 people for baptism, but my favorite part was everyone bearing their testimony after their Baptisms.  Words can not really describe the feeling you have when you see someone you love embrace the gospel and its blessings.

I seriously feel like I am not doing this story justice, but suffice it to say, I am so GRATEFUL for all of the miracles I have seen this transfer here in Mahasarakham with Sister McKnight. I feel like I have worked harder than I ever have my entire mission and I have learned SO much.  

This transfer I have really learned that miracles do happen, as well as the value of integrity. In my studies this week I read this quote about integrity, "Integrity is the foundation upon which character, and a Christlike Life are built." I also read this quote by Lawrence E. Corbridge which says, "You, right now, are the sum total of what you have said, seen, heard, and done. What you think, say, hear, do, and see, causes you to change; to change for good or evil; to become either stronger or weaker; to either internalize the qualities of light...or the qualities of darkness. You are responsible for who you are, and you are responsible for who you will become." As I thought about both of these quotes, as well as integrity, I realized that when we have integrity, we will automatically begin to build a more Christlike life, and "internalize those qualities of light....and little by little become more like the person Heavenly Father and Christ want us to become. 

I love you all!!

Sister Remington

P.S. I totally forgot to include this but:
Thursday this week Sister Mcknight and I also went to Korat...(the second biggest city in Thailand, its 4 hrs away from Mahasarakham), with the zone leaders...and we all went contacting the whole day. It was pretty fun. 



No comments:

Post a Comment