Monday, November 24, 2014

Every Cloud Has A Silver Lining

Hey guys, 

First of all HAPPY BIRTHDAY this week grandma!! I hope it is so great!

This week was interesting to say the least, but I just keep reminding myself two weeks until Thailand!

Something cool about this past week is that when we do our member TRC lessons, where we used to do them with just Thai people that went to BYU/ return missionaries, we now Skype with real Thai people in Thailand! So that's really cool, although Thai is like 2178234978432873420 times harder to understand when its super muffled! Thailand is a day ahead, so we do it at like 815pm, and its morning the next day their time..so weird.

Also this week Elder Webb, Elder Sun, Sister Burbank and I had a sweet time playing on the piano/singing/violin playing, "If you could hie to Kolob." It sounded awesome! We might get our whole district together and do it in sacrament before we leave. 

One thing I really learned this week as I had  a hard week was a lot more about the Atonement. I learned that the atonement of Jesus Christ is real, it is not just for sins, it is for burdens people have, be it fear, worry, or anxiety. I was praying a lot about this, and the spirit taught me that in order to use the atonement of Christ, all we have to do is call upon Christ to help us through prayer, and he will. Our fears and worries, or whatever our problems may be, may not be taken from us all at once, but little by little it gets better. 

Sorry this email is so short this week!! I will have more funny experiences/awesome stories to share next week. Promise.

I love you all so much, thanks for all the amazing advice and prayers offered in my behalf. 

Love,

Sister Remington 

No comments:

Post a Comment